In episode 3, Shannon Gillespie at Nanaimo Christian School shares a passion for middle school-aged students specifically, and Nanaimo’s unique theme-based structure for their learning. Join the ESC “Gam” as we learn:
- that some of us really don’t know much about musicals.
- that in Nanaimo, bathtubs are for racing in the Salish Sea.
- the payoff when you take the time to onboard new students.
- why middle schoolers are not just shorter high school students.
- how Shannon’s grade 8 math class delved into the world of real estate.
- that flexible student grouping can encourage engagement and passion in learning.
- how a commitment to professional co-planning and collaboration is worth the effort.
- why fitting in is the opposite of belonging.
- that BC ferries can double as a pretty good whale tour.