In this episode, Perpetual Boafo at King’s Christian Collegiate in Oakville, Ontario, invites us into her grade 10 Careers classroom which embodies “diversity + inclusion = belonging.” Join the ESC “Corps” as we learn:
- some interesting tidbits about our names (spoiler alert: Darren could have been Darlene)
- even grade 8’s can start a day off sharing their gratitude
- Oakville is as pleasant as it’s name sounds - right down to having Canada’s best weather
- King’s Christian Collegiate’s community is as wonderful as Oakville is pleasant
- a supply or sub teacher can have a lasting impact on their students
- a recommended resource on diversity - Simon Sinek’s podcast episode “Enchantment with Chloe Valdary", and
- that Christian schools need to be leading the diversity conversation in a peculiar way.
Connect with Perpetual at firstname.lastname@example.org.